Best wedding photography of 2018
To put it mildly, 2018 has been an incredible year. I’ve been all over the country and around the world meeting inspiring people, making new friends and having a blast taking photos of awesome couples. Frankly, it’s pretty amazing to have a job that, on some weekends, takes me down the road on the bus to a wedding in a restaurant or, on others, flys me as far as rural India for a traditional Hindu wedding. It’s a constant surprise and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
My thanks go to all my amazing couples who’ve booked me to be at their weddings in the last twelve months, who have trusted me to document some of the most important moments in their lives and who have, just generally, been brilliant to be around. It’s been a huge privilege to have worked on every single wedding. So, to my couples, thank you. You’re the best!
Highlights of 2018… almost too many to list!
- I’ve been lucky enough to shoot some amazing weddings, and plenty of engagement shoots too!
- In April, I was the stills photographer for the Guardian documentary ‘Four Weddings‘, sponsored by Nikon;
- It was during the making of this documentary that I spent some time in Rajasthan, photographing the town of Bhindar and then the wedding itself;
- Two of my weddings were featured in Rock My Wedding: Emily and Nick’s Chateau Rigaud wedding and Emily and Pete’s Villa Catignano wedding;
- Kelly and Joe’s stunner of a Sunbeam wedding was featured in the The Un-Wedding, shortly after I was included in their directory;
- My Instagram account hit over 2000 followers – thank you to everyone folllowing me who’s reading this!
- I was accepted into This is Reportage and Fearless Photographers;
- In December, I was awarded a highly coveted Fearless Award for one of my photos;
- At the end of November, I was listed by Junebug as one of the best wedding photographers in London;
- And finally, at the end of December, I was shortlisted in the UK Wedding Awards in their Best Wedding Photographer category. You can click on the below icon to vote for me (takes about two minutes):
And if all the above doesn’t suitably show how big a year it is, here it is in numbers! In 2018, I…
- Photographed the weddings of 28 delightful couples;
- Drank at least 1,000 cups of coffee;
- Drove a total of 3,000 miles;
- Flew a total of 11,000 miles;
- Listened to 59,654 minutes/994 hours/41.5 days of music on Spotify;
- And, most important of all, I delivered about 17,000 photos to all my happy couples!
One last number…
Here’s one final number for you – 100. Specifically, 100 of my favourite photos from the year presented in no particular order! I dug through every single wedding I shot this year pulling out some of my favourites I’ve been mooning over ever since I took them, and rediscovering some lost gems along the way too. Enjoy!
Getting married in 2019 or 2020?
How about you? Are you getting married any time soon? I’ve very few dates left in 2019, and 2020 is starting to book up already, so do get in touch as soon as possible to find out if I’m free on your date. If I am, I’ll send you over my brochure filled with lots of useful information. All you need to do is drop me a line.
Here’s to 2019!